Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-07 12:13:24

Hi,

I hereby announce that the Smart Container library is ACCEPTED into
Boost. Congratulations and thanks to Thorsten Ottosen for providing us with
this library.

Most of the reviewers were in favor of acceptance, but there were
several requests for improvements. I have consulted them with Thorsten
and he proposed to do following changes. I consider them sufficient
for acceptance.

1. add support for boost.range in insert functions, constructors etc
2. use void* implementation
3. improve docs as discussed during the review
4. add support for null values:
    - remove preconditions
    - add functions is_null( size_t idx ); is_null( iterator );
5. add more debug checks after access to ptr_begin(), ptr_end()
6. reconfigure policies:
   ptr_vector<T,clone_manager> becomes
   ptr_vector<T,clone_allocator = something, std::allocator<T*> = std::allocator<T*> >
   or perhaps
   ptr_vector<T,clone_allocator = something< std::allocator<T* > >
7. improve tests

I also suggest, that before the inclusion of the library into the
boost distribution, the library should be brought in the discussion
to verify, that all issues above have been addressed.

Best Regards,

Pavol Droba
Review Manager

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk