Boost Announcement :
From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-20 20:33:09
Review of Finite State Machine library written
by Andreas Huber starts today, February 21 and
lasts 10 days.
The library can be found at:
FSM is feature rich library to design finite state
machines without need for external generator.
It is accompanied by extensive documentation.
Here are some questions you might want to answer in
* What is your evaluation of the documentation?
How easy (or hard) it is to understand library
features? What can be improved?
* What is your evaluation of the design?
What features are supported better by
alternative FSMs? What could be added
(or removed) from the library?
* The library documentation contains
few not yet solved issues (name,
separating the library into two parts,
exception handling). What is you opinion here?
* What is your evaluation of the implementation?
Are there parts of code too obscure or
duplicating exiting Boost functionality?
Can something be factored out to standalone
library or among general utilities?
* Are there performance bottlenecks?
Does the library design fit requirements
of real-time systems? How is it useable
for embedded systems?
Is the documentation clear on performance
* What is your evaluation of the potential
usefulness of the library? Can you compare
this FSM to other implementations?
* Did you try to use the library? With what
compiler? Did you have any problems?
Do you have tips for better support of older
compilers? What are possible portability problems?
* How much effort did you put into your
A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?
* Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
And finally, every reviewer should answer this question:
* Do you think the library should be accepted as a
Boost library? Be sure to say this explicitly so that
your other comments don't obscure your overall opinion.
FSM review manager
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk