Boost Announcement :
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-05 05:40:30
The review of Generic Image Library (GIL) begins today,
October 5, 2006, and continues through October 15, 2006.
Please download the library at: http://opensource.adobe.com/gil.
Minor change are being made regularly (daily), so check the site
I highly recommend viewing the 55 minute Breeze
presentation describing the library at:
A tutorial is available at:
A design guide is availage at:
The Generic Image Library (GIL) is a C++ library that abstracts
the image representation from operations on images. It allows
for writing the image processing algorithm once and having it
work for images in any color space, channel depth and pixel
organization, or even synthetic images, without compromising
the performance. GIL has an extension mechanism that allows
for adding extra functionality. Two extensions are currently
provided one for image I/O and one for handling images
whose properties are specified at run-time.
Please always explicitly state in your review, whether you think the
library should be accepted into Boost.
You might want to comment on the following questions:
- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/
Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk