Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-19 09:36:19

that has been posted to gmane.comp.lib.boost.user,gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel,gmane.comp.lib.boost.interest as well.

A couple of quick items:

1. The conference format has changed. For many practical reasons, the
   "two 3-day tracks with one day of overlap on Wednesday" format
   proved unworkable. Among those:

   * Many (most) sessions don't fall neatly into the
     library-user/library-developer track distinction. We see this as
     a good thing, as it means we have more material that's of broad
     interest.

   * It made the hotel reservation pattern very difficult; we were
     afraid many people would be shut out of rooms at the conference
     hotel and also that the hotel would not be able sell the entire
     reserved room block, which could cost the (non-profit) conference
     a lot of money, as we had to agree to be liable for unsold room
     nights.

   Instead, we're running two tracks concurrently all week. We
   thought attendees should be prepared for that change.

2. We expect the new boostcon website will go live and registration
   for the conference will open in the next couple of days. We're
   just clearing away a few final details. In the meantime, the
   existing http://www.boostcon.com has the old information.

Regards, and see you at BoostCon,

--
Dave Abrahams