Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

Subject: [Boost-announce] [boost] MSM Review period extended to Dec 13th
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-06 00:10:25

Hi All,

We thought this might happen because of the Thanksgiving holiday, and
it did: we are extending the review period for the Meta State Machine
library until Dec 13th. However, please don't let that delay your
review; we'd like to see them all as soon as possible.

Msm was written by Christophe Henry, inspired
in part by the example in the book "C++ Template Metaprogramming"
(http://boostpro.com/mplbook)

About the library:

Msm (Meta State Machine) is a library allowing the user to easily define
high-performance, straightforward and readable UML2 finite state
machines, while respecting the principles of efficiency and
declarativeness of the original example. To that end, Msm offers
several Domain-Specific Embedded Languages that strive to closely
emulate a standard UML diagram.

Msm supports a broad range of UML features:
- state entry/exit
- transition actions/guards
- composite states
- history
- orthogonal regions
- terminate states
- deferred events
- explicit entry/fork
- entry/exit pseudostates
- anonymous transitions
- transition conflicts

And several non-standard features to make the developer's life easier
(interrupt states, query about the current state(s)).

Msm (in its current version, 2.0) can be found:

* in the sandbox (http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/msm/)
* or in the vault: (http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?directory=Msm
)

Everybody on this list is invited to participate in this formal
review. I hope to see your review of Msm, including your vote on
acceptance, and I welcome your participation in the ensuing discussions
on the Boost developers' mailing list.

Please always include in your review a vote as to whether the library
should be accepted into Boost.

Additionally please consider giving feedback on the following general
topics:

- What is your evaluation of the design?
- What is your evaluation of the implementation?
- What is your evaluation of the documentation?
- What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
- Did you try to use the library?
- With what compiler?
- Did you have any problems?
- How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick
reading? In-depth study?
- Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing