Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

Subject: [Boost-announce] [Review][Chrono] Boost.Chrono has been ACCEPTED into Boost
From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-05 05:46:39

that has been posted to gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel as well.

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that Boost.Chrono has been ACCEPTED into
Boost.

There were a reasonable number of reviews this time, and they were
unanimous that Boost.Chrono should be accepted. Boost.Chrono provides
the time facilities from the upcoming C++0x standard, so is an
important base library.

A few changes were requested by the reviewers which should be
addressed before this library appears in a Boost release. I know that
Vicente has already started working on some of these. The requested
changes are:

* The documentation needs revising to ensure everything is documented,
  and it is clear which time source is used for each clock type

* The use of double underscores in identifiers should be stopped ---
  such identifiers are reserved for the implementation.

* chrono::monotonic_clock will need renaming chrono::steady_clock to
  match the C++0x draft

* the is_monotonic member of the clock types will need renaming
  is_steady to match the C++0x draft

* Remove operator/ for dividing by a duration

* Include examples for I/O in non-English languages

* Remove "#if 0" blocks

* Address all the "TODO" items in the source

* Check the license on the time parsing code, and reimplement if the
  license is incompatible

Apologies to the reviewers if I've missed anything.

I would like to thank Vicente for submitting the library and those that
took the time to write a review.

Anthony

--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/