Boost logo

Boost Announcement :

Subject: [Boost-announce] Upcoming review of the Synapse library starting tomorrow
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-12-01 10:34:16

The formal review of the Synapse library by Emil Dotchevski starts tomorrow, December 2 and is scheduled to continue through December 11. I will be making an official announcement tomorrow, but I want to give
the following information today for anyone wishing to acquaint themselves with the library.

As explained previously by Emil Dotchevski when requesting that Synapse be put on the Boost Review list, Synapse is a signal programming library, similar to Boost Signals2 and the signals-slots system in Qt. The main difference is that Synapse is non-intrusive: the address of any object of any static type whatsoever can be passed to synapse::emit to emit a signal. This makes it possible to emit Synapse signals from objects of third-party types as well as system objects (e.g. standard FILE pointers, HWNDs, etc.) or any other object that can be converted to a pointer.

The library has been formatted to fit the Boost directory and namespace
structure. To get Synapse, clone 'https://github.com/zajo/boost-synapse.git' into a directory called 'synapse' under your boost/libs directory.

See the tutorial at http://zajo.github.io/boost-synapse/Tutorial.html, or read full documentation at http://zajo.github.io/boost-synapse/index.html.

The documentaion can also be viewed from the local clone at boost/libs/synapse/doc/index.html.

I would urge anyone who may be interested in signal/slot processing in C++ to take a good look at the Synapse library.

Edward Diener, review manager

Boost-announce list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk