Subject: Re: [Boost-bugs] [Boost C++ Libraries] #3905: asio boost headers fail with g++-4.3.2 and -Wshadow -Werror
From: Boost C++ Libraries (noreply_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-23 01:06:47
#3905: asio boost headers fail with g++-4.3.2 and -Wshadow -Werror
Reporter: logicle@â¦ | Owner: chris_kohlhoff
Type: Bugs | Status: new
Milestone: To Be Determined | Component: asio
Version: Boost 1.42.0 | Severity: Cosmetic
Resolution: | Keywords:
Comment (by chris_kohlhoff):
(In ) Changes for asio version 1.5.0:
* Added support for timeouts on socket iostreams, such as
ip::tcp::iostream. A timeout is set by calling expires_at() or
expires_from_now() to establish a deadline. Any socket operations
which occur past the deadline will put the iostream into a bad state.
* Added a new error() member function to socket iostreams, for
retrieving the error code from the most recent system call.
* Added a new basic_deadline_timer::cancel_one() function. This function
lets you cancel a single waiting handler on a timer. Handlers are
cancelled in FIFO order.
* Added a new transfer_exactly() completion condition. This can be used
to send or receive a specified number of bytes even if the total size
of the buffer (or buffer sequence) is larger.
* Added new free functions connect() and async_connect(). These
operations try each endpoint in a list until the socket is
* Extended the buffer_size() function so that it works for buffer
sequences in addition to individual buffers.
* Added a new buffer_copy() function that can be used to copy the raw
bytes between individual buffers and buffer sequences.
* Added new non-throwing overloads of read(), read_at(), write() and
write_at() that do not require a completion condition.
* Added friendlier compiler errors for when a completion handler does
not meet the necessary type requirements. When C++0x is available
(currently supported for g++ 4.5 or later, and MSVC 10), static_assert
is also used to generate an informative error message. Checking may be
disabled by defining BOOST_ASIO_DISABLE_HANDLER_TYPE_REQUIREMENTS.
* Made the is_loopback(), is_unspecified() and is_multicast() functions
consistently available across the ip::address, ip::address_v4 and
ip::address_v6 classes. Refs #3939.
* Added new non_blocking() functions for managing the non-blocking
behaviour of a socket or descriptor. The io_control() commands named
non_blocking_io are now deprecated in favour of these new functions.
* Added new native_non_blocking() functions for managing the
non-blocking mode of the underlying socket or descriptor. These
functions are intended to allow the encapsulation of arbitrary
non-blocking system calls as asynchronous operations, in a way that is
transparent to the user of the socket object. The functions have no
effect on the behaviour of the synchronous operations of the socket or
descriptor. Refs #3307.
* Added the io_control() member function for socket acceptors.
* For consistency with the C++0x standard library, deprecated the
native_type typedefs in favour of native_handle_type, and the native()
member functions in favour of native_handle().
* Added a release() member function to posix descriptors. This function
releases ownership of the underlying native descriptor to the caller.
* Added support for sequenced packet sockets (SOCK_SEQPACKET).
* Added a new io_service::stopped() function that can be used to
determine whether the io_service has stopped (i.e. a reset() call is
needed prior to any further calls to run(), run_one(), poll() or
* Reduced the copying of handler function objects.
* Added support for C++0x move construction to further reduce copying of
handler objects. Move support is enabled when compiling in -std=c++0x
mode on g++ 4.5 or higher, or when using MSVC10.
* Removed the dependency on OS-provided macros for the well-known IPv4
and IPv6 addresses. This should eliminate the annoying "missing braces
around initializer" warnings. Refs #3741.
* Reduced the size of ip::basic_endpoint<> objects (such as
ip::tcp::endpoint and ip::udp::endpoint).
* Changed the reactor backends to assume that any descriptors or sockets
added using assign() may have been dup()-ed, and so require explicit
deregistration from the reactor. Refs #4971.
* Changed the SSL error category to return error strings from the
* Changed the separate compilation support such that, to use Asio's SSL
capabilities, you should also include 'asio/ssl/impl/src.hpp in one
source file in your program.
* Removed the deprecated member functions named io_service(). The
get_io_service() member functions should be used instead.
* Removed the deprecated typedefs resolver_query and resolver_iterator
from the ip::tcp, ip::udp and ip::icmp classes.
* Fixed a compile error on some versions of g++ due to anonymous enums.
* Added an explicit cast to the FIONBIO constant to int to suppress a
compiler warning on some platforms. Refs #5128.
* Fixed warnings reported by g++'s -Wshadow compiler option. Refs #3905.
-- Ticket URL: <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3905#comment:3> Boost C++ Libraries <http://www.boost.org/> Boost provides free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.7 : 2017-02-16 18:50:05 UTC