From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-11 01:02:15
[2003-02-11] Vladimir Prus wrote:
>I think it would be great to have bjam source tarball available from the
>sourceforge download page, in addition to binaries. Is anybody in position
>to do that? Or, better yet, how can I do that?
I guess... it's a good idea. It's up there now.
To build bjam in the form that is ready for release, in the jam_sr dir, do:
./build.sh --- dist
Yea I know twice, but it seems to work better that way, as it prevents
choking on the build itself. the "---" is needed because of the way the args
are passed into jam0.
To files up in the SourceForge section...
1. Upload the file to ftp://upload.sourceforge.net/incoming
2. Make sure you are loged in to the SourceForge system.
3. Go to the Admin section of Boost.
4. The go to "Edit/Release Files"
5. "Edit Release" the boost-jam product.
6. "Edit This Release" on the release, 3.1.4 in this case.
7. Check the file you uploaded in "Step 2" and press "Add Files..."
8. After the new page comes up, scroll down to "Step 3"
9. Set the release date (backdate), processor, and file type, press
10. Go to the "Files" section to verify the file is there.
10 easy steps ;-)
For more details read the SourceForge documents about the system. It's
actually readable, now that they rewrote them.
-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk