From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-06 12:15:46
Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> OK, I fixed that and got past dependency_test. However, it appears
>> that the problem with setup not getting called for the MSVC link
>> command is back. You can see it yourself by doing
>> bjam -n msvc-6.5
>> in the direct-request-test directory.
> Fixed, but can't commit due to repository being locked. However, you can
> easily fix the problem yourself in your local copy.
> 1. Change line 590 of virtual-targets.jam (where set-target-variables are
> called) to pass *all* actual targets to set-target-variables
That's line 583 in my copy, but there's definitely a bug in that line:
c:/boost/tools/build/new/virtual-target.jam:583: toolset.set-target-variables $(self.action-name) $(actual-targets) :
zero is not a valid index. Also:
c:/boost/tools/build/new/property.jam:148: if $(x) < $(y)
> 2. Adjust the parameter list for set-target-variables to accept several
I made this change
> I don't know what's up.... but seems like Jam mishandles the case where
> variable is set on only one target, while action produces two.
I ran some simple tests and it seemed to work out just fine: both
of the targets' variables would be used to build the pair.
-- Dave Abrahams Boost Consulting www.boost-consulting.com
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk