From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-17 08:08:08
The first preview of the next milestone release is available at
The changes from the previous release are:
- STLport support implemented.
- Added support for resource compiler.
- New syntax for target id is introduced; old one is available for a while.
- The msvc toolset was changed to produce warning, not error, when it
cannot find the compiler.
- Toolset modules, and project-root.jam, can act as project
modules. One-directory project can contain only 'project-root.jam', and
- QT is usable by <library>/qt//qt, not by <uses>qt, as previously.
- Bugfix: C files are compiled in C mode, not in C++ mode --- which used
to cause errors.
- Bugfix: building from directory which name contains regex metacharacters
Because of target-id syntax changes, it's recommended to switch to the new
I'd appreciate if a few persons try it out and report problems before final
Thanks in advance,
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk