From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-11 04:51:57
I'm pleased to announce that the next milestone release of Boost.Build V2 is
for online docs (a copy is included in distribution).
Changes in this release:
- Performance was improved.
- Support for Sun and Darwin toolsets was added.
- <tag> feature, which changes the name of target depending of build
variant, was implemented.
- Old-style targets-ids are no longer supported.
- New 'glob' rule allows to easily perform wildcard matching in Jamfile.
- Improve bison/flex support to understand C++.
The following bugs were fixed:
- bogus error on use of project default-build attribute with several
main target alternatives.
- broken toolset inheritance
- hard error after skipping a target due to incompatible requirements
- incorrect behaviour of a generator when producing several targets of
the same type
- errors on use of the 'project-root' rule in Jamfile context
- inability to require specific compiler version for a main target.
- incorrect behaviour of "bjam msvc" when msvc is configured with explicit
Thanks to Christopher Currie, Pedro Ferreira and Michael Stevens, who
contributed to this release.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk