From: Peter Steiner (peter.steiner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-13 10:58:45
I'm using Boost.Build successfully in an embedded project.
I would like to define an additional transformation for stripping my
executables. What would be the best way?
I'm debugging my applications remotely using gdbserver. My scenario:
- my executables get built with debug information
- copy and strip the executables (with i386-linux-strip)
- transfer the stripped executable to the embedded system and debug;
the original executable is needed on my PC to provide the debugging
- The two kinds of executables have the same name (with no extension
as it is common under linux), but live in different directories.
Can Boost.Build handle that?
- How can I define an additional transformation and where should I put
-- _ _ Peter Steiner <peter.steiner_at_[hidden]> / /_/ / Hug-Witschi AG <http://www.hugwi.ch/> / _ / Electronic Engineering /_/ /_/ _ _ Auriedstrasse 10 / / / / / / CH-3178 Boesingen / /_/ /_/ / Tel +41 31 740 44 44 /_ _ _ _ _/ Fax +41 31 740 44 45
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk