From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-05 03:10:30
another preview of M9 release is available at
The differences to the previous preview are:
- Bug with linking a library to static library on windows was fixed.
- Bug which prevented composite properties from working in requirements
Internally, the handling of response files was redone. Since this was a large
change, I'd appreciate if someone at windows try M9 on his testcases. If I
don't hear about any show-stopper bugs by Thursday, I'll upload the packages.
P.S. The complete list of changes in M9 is below.
Milestone 9 (Oct 29, 2003)
Changes in this release
- Putting library in sources of other library now works even for static
linking, which makes expressing library->library dependency much
- Performance was considerably improved.
- Regression testing framework now works on windows.
- The "alias" rule can have usage requirements and passes on usage
requirements of sources.
- The "stage" rule can traverse dependencies.
- Support for "def files" was implemented.
- Targets paths are now shorter.
The following bugs were fixed:
- It was not possible to specify empty suffix for a target type derived
from other type.
- The stage rules used to generate incorrect suffix in some cases.
- It was possible to load Jamfile twice.
- The 'use-project' rule was broken when referring to a child project.
- Use of composite properties in requirements did not work.
Developer visible changes:
- New CALC builtin, which considerable improves performance.
- Source layout was reorganized.
- Handling of response file was simplified.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk