From: Alan Gutierrez (alan-jamboost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-25 10:17:48
I'm attempting to assemble a Jamfile.v2 for Boost.GUI. I'll pick
through these things myself in time, but I thought I'd state
what I'm up to so someone can stop me if I'm way off base.
I'm targeting Win32 GDI, OS X Carbon, Linux GTK, PalmOS, and
Sybian to start.
For each I'd like to create a simple rawapi.cpp, and include a
common file metric.hpp. The rawapi.cpp simply displays a window
entitled "Hello, World!". It is platform specific for each
platform. The metric.hpp file contians Reece's metric class,
which in turn selects platform specific header files.
If this works, then it's enough to get x-platform GUI
The boost/gui/platform.hpp already chooses a platform specific
header based on compiler defines. For now, I'm creating dummy
placeholders for the platform.hpp it seeks.
For GDI, Carbon, and GTK, metric.cpp builds no problem.
What I need to learn is:
1) How does one group, or select platform specific source files,
*cpp, for build?
2) What is the proper way to configure build variables?
3) What libraries need to be included to build a windowing
application on each platform, and how are they specified?
1) I'm going to try building a library that contains the
platform specific source files, and somehow, switch on which
libraries are included, based on compiler.
2) Found documentation on creating a site-config.jam.
3) I've not seen syntax for selecting sources, but I'm assuming
that it is similiar to syntax for selecting options.
-- Alan Gutierrez - alan_at_[hidden]
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk