From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-21 09:40:30
We have a new mailing list set up at lists.boost.org, maintained by
I'd like to begin the transition away from YahooGroups and towards
that list. That should solve several problems with this mailing list,
* High barrier to entry as many people don't wish to register at
* Ugly and verbose ads inserted by Yahoo
* Periodic problems representing certain character sequences in
messages as Yahoo "upgrades" its processing.
* Periodic problems with attachments
I propose the following schedule:
1. We officially start using the Boost list on Dec 1, 2005.
2. On January 1, 2006 we will officially close the Yahoo list
3. OSL will get all the messages from yahoo and create a new
hypermail web archive for jamboost with all the old Yahoo
messages and all the messages since the list moved to the OSL
If anyone is aware of specific issues with this transition or has
ideas for how to keep our reflectors such as ActiveState and GMane
properly synchronized, I'd like to hear them now.
-- Dave Abrahams Boost Consulting www.boost-consulting.com
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk