From: Alexey Pakhunov (alexeypa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-12 11:59:22
Rene Rivera wrote:
> OK, I'm going to ask the stupid question. What does the "mc" tool do?
It is a standard MS tool. It converts a file with text message
definitions into three files:
- .h with the list of message IDs;
- .bin containing compiled messages;
- .rc including .bin so that the messages will be added to application
It is used mainly for two purposes:
1. To be able to generate Event log messages one need to register an
event source that points to .exe or .dll containing message table (aka
2. Localization. It supports multi-language message files.
Best regards/Venlig hilsen,
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk