From: Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 15:38:08
I've finished adding BOOST_<LIB>_DYN_LINK to usage requirements. During
this process I've found these problems with Boost.Build v2:
1. Boost.Thread - uses [ os.name ], this is not suitable for
cross-compilations. Besides, Boost.Thread's build system is slightly
different from the rest of Boost.
2. Boost.Test - didn't dare to touch it :)
4. Boost.Python - slightly different build system.
5. BGL-viz - as far as I understand only static linkage is supported on
NT. Should I add it to library's requirements? I can also add Jamfile.v2
for BGL-Python :)
6. Boost.date_time - 'boost-install' rule is used for library
installation. Should I use it for the rest of libraries?
And some general notices:
- Inconsistent formating of jamfiles.
- Lack of automatic shared-library exporter definitions.
I'm volunteering to correct these bugs and while I'm at it I can also
fix something else. Suggestions are welcome :)
-- With respect, Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk