From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 03:43:42
On Saturday 11 February 2006 20:27, Alexey Pakhunov wrote:
> Alexey Pakhunov wrote:
> >>Step 3 is making sure that msvc/Windows is healthy as well. The
> >> instructions are again at:
> >> http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/TestingOnBoost
> >>The tests can be run by anybody with msvc/Windows, but issues in
> >> Boost.Build are likely to appear. Dave, any chance you can take this
> >> part?
> I attached v1 and v2 test runs to the same page
> <http://zigzag.cs.msu.su/boost.build/wiki/TestingOnBoost>. See
> boost_v1_vc-8_0.tar.bz2 and boost_v2_msvc-8.0.tar.bz2 correspondingly.
> (boost_v1_vc-8_0.zip was attached by mistake. Please remove it.)
> Results of v1 and v2 are pretty different at the first glance. I will
> try to looks what is wrong when I find a couple of spare hours. :)
For one thing, there are naming differences (vc_8_0 vs. msvc)
that make *all* tests results different.
After that solved, I see some strange things going on in V2 results.
Many tests are marked as "Missing". For example, all "bind" tests.
Can you do the following quick checks:
1. Run "compiler_status --v2 <boost-root> boost_v2.html boost_v2_links.html > cs.log"
2. Open "boost_v2.html" and check if "bind_test" has "Missing" in results field. Note
that there's one "bind_test" from the bind library and "bind_test_whatever" from lambda
libraries. The latter are not interesting.
3. Look into "cs.log" produces on step (1). It should have messages like:
"Missing jam_log.xml in target: " ...
Find a message about bind tests, and decide if either:
- The directory is wrong (does not exist or has no bind_test binary there)
- There's no test_log.xml in that directory
If the directory is wrong, tell me what directory compiler_status tries to use, and I'll check
what's going on. If there's no test_log.xml, the procedure is harder:
1. Go to "bin.v2/libs/bind/test" directory and verify that it's non-empty.
2. Go down to any test directory and check if there's test_log.xml file.
Also check if it has non-empty content and that content includes some
3. Remove all of "bin.v2/libs/bind/test".
4. Go to "status" directory.
bjam --v2 -d2 --dump-tests bind > bjam2.log 2>&1
6. Look into "bjam2.log". The should be string:
boost-test(RUN) "bind/bind_test" : "libs/bind/test/bind_test.cpp"
process_jam_log --v2 < bjam2.log
8. Look into bin.v2/libs/bind/test/bind_test.test/msvc/debug directory
and check if there's test_log.xml there.
I suspect there's some glitch stemming from slighly different directory names in V1 and V2,
and solving it will bring the number of different testcases down considerably.
Thanks in advance,
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk