From: Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-26 07:57:42
Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Any comments on below?
>> Can somebody update me on the state of PCH/msvc? Are there any docs how to
>> use them? Any known issues?
>> Basically, I'm trying to find out if this feature should be included in
>> release notes for M11, or left for M12 (to appear together with PCH/gcc)
PCH is nowhere close to "release" state. There are numerous issues with
PCH on MSVC:
1. Property propagation (I've raised this issue before).
2. Debug information: PCH is does not work well with C7-style debug info
and database-style debug storage is currently broken ("# not used yet").
3. Problems with PCH and static libraries.
4. It would be nice if Boost libraries themselves used precompiled
headers (at least for testing purposes).
5. PCH on GCC is broken (the last time I checked).
6. Some other subtle issues I can't remember.
-- With respect, Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk