From: Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-06 13:51:53
I've created a proof-of-concept garbage collected BJam. It seems to be
working (at least it can be used to compile itself).
Right now only Windows+MSVC combination is supported, but it should work
fine on POSIX systems.
How to use:
1. Download http://scb.udsu.ru/~cyberax/gc-bjam.zip
2. Unpack it to $(BJAM_SOURCE)/gc-build folder
3. Copy files from $(BJAM_SOURCE)/gc-build/patched folder to $(BJAM_SOURCE).
4. Run bjam --v2 in $(BJAM_SOURCE)/gc-build folder. It should
successfully compile your new garbage-collected BJam and place it to
5. Replace your existing BJam with the patched one.
6. Test it!
-- With respect, Alex Besogonov (cyberax_at_[hidden])
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk