From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-14 06:30:10
I've just committed the attached patch, which changes how "inline targets"
work. Changelog says it all.
Eric, it means that if you make test-suite target explicit, you should no
longer see any tests run. This is on CVS HEAD; let me know if there are still
Improve the hanling of "inline" targets, like:
alias foo : [ run a.cpp ] ;
exe main : main.cpp [ lib helpers : helpers.cpp ] ;
Now inline targets are marked explicit, so that they are not
build unless requested, and for the alias target, the names
of inline targets are not qualified by the name of top-level target.
* alias.jam (alias): Pass 'no-renaming' to
* target.jam (main-target-sources): New parameter
'no-renaming'. Make inline target explicit.
* builtin.jam (lib): Declare 'result' variable,
to avoid implicit declaration of a global one.
* testing.jam (test-suite): Make synonymous with 'alias'.
* inline.py: Adjust to the fact that alias no longer
changes names of inline targets. Check that inline
targets are explicit.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk