From: Arindam (arindam.mukerjee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-16 12:02:33
I need to build the Boost libraries from source using the Microsoft
Platform SDK 2003, for the x64 platform (AMD64 / EM64T). I am doing it
on a Windows XP 32 bit OS using the cross-compiler that comes with the
Here are the versions I am using:
1. Boost 1.31 - had to choose this rather older release because of
certain constraints that our product has.
2. Microsoft Platform SDK 2003 R1. (Installed at "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Platform SDK") - no Visual Studio installation exists.
3. Using Boost.Build V1 rather than 2. Here is a mssdk-amd64-tools.jam
file I created using the msvc-tools.jam at the following location
under the Boost source dir: boost_1_31_0\tools\build\v1
4. Done some minor patching of the source code.
Apparently the linker cannot find a large number of template
specializations of standard library classes for wchar_t.
The file mssdk-amd64-tools.jam, the code patches and the linker error
logs are available at the following location - so that this mail does
not become bloated:
- Any idea why these symbols are not available.
- Is there a way I can turn off building Unicode support for
Boost.Regex - can undef-ing BOOST_NO_WREGEX be of any help or should
it be done with some other preprocessor symbol.
I am pretty new to building Boost on Windows ... more so without any
Visual Studio and using on Platform SDK. Any pointers will be of great
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk