From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-01 18:12:19
On Wednesday 15 August 2007 22:27:17 Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > > Second, while reviewing your patch I noticed that searched-lib-target
> > > is very crazy -- it has both 'name' and 'real-name' properties, where 'name'
> > > is not used in any particular way. While fixing that, I've managed to make
> > > <tag> work for searched lib target. The patch is attached.
> > Looks fine to me. (Altough I had no time yet to try it out.)
> Okay, I'll commit it.
> > > I also attach test Jamroot that *almost* works -- we only need to strip 'lib'
> > > from the library names, as 'libboost_program_options-NNNN' is right name
> > > for created library, but we need 'boost-program_options-NNNN' on
> > > the linker command line.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> > As you might see from my suggested patches:
> > 1) I modified the types, so SEARCHED_LIB will not generate the lib
> > prefix (which I think is wrong in the general case).
> Ah, thanks to joys of GUI tools I have missed that part of your patch (lib.jam
> change). Feel free to commit that change.
I've committed it. It turns out that this change make large part of
my original patch unnecessary, so I reverted that.
> > 2) I modified the tag rule to take care for the lib prefix for windows only.
> You mean this part:
> if $(type) = SEARCHED_LIB &&
> ( [ $(property-set).get <link> ] in static ) &&
> ( [ $(property-set).get <target-os> ] in windows )
> name = lib$(name) ;
I still haven't considered how to provide user easy access to Boost's 'tag'
rule, and so did not try changing this rule.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk