Subject: Re: [Boost-build] Inserting an extra stage into the BoostBooktoolchain?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-15 13:18:24
Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>> You could write a custom rule that would just to the dirty work for
>> This is probably not very attactive. We want
>> boostbook a : a.xml ;
>> to work. John, where exactly this new tool should be inserted, and
>> should it
>> always be run, or under some conditions?
Well... in an ideal world:
* It would run on the Docbook XML, just before the Docbook XSL stylesheets
get involved, but after the Boostbook->Docbook transform, at a pinch it
might work on Boostbook input, but I'm less certain on that.
* It would be run only when requested (ie pay for what you use).
* It has some options that need to be passed from the Jamfile down to the
tool on the command line.
* Ideally all without messing about with the current toolchain too much.
* I can rig the tool the either generate a new XML file, or over-write the
original whichever is easier (the latter might be harder to debug though).
As you can see, I'm not asking for much ;-)
Many thanks, John.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk