Subject: [Boost-build] [qt4] toolset improvements
From: Juergen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-21 14:48:17
I've been forced to work with a lot of different Qt4 versions and decided
to allow Boost.Build to configure several Qt versions instead of only
one. Please find the patch attached for review. I'd like to wait for the
1.38 release in order to prevent this from being accidentally merged...
- Auto detection of Qt version using qmake (this is the way CMake uses,
- Specification of target-requirements in order to configure the same Qt
version in different variants like debug, target-os=windows, or the like.
- new feature "qt4" which allows selection of the qt version to use
(qt4=4.5.0, qt4=4.4.3). Default is the first Qt version seen by the
- Shall I add a user-specified version to the toolset initialisation ?
This is the way python.jam goes and I doubt everyone will use different
Qt version (and in this case, one will have one 4.5 while testing 4.5.1
- using a 64bit version of qt on windows using "<toolset>msvc <address-
model>64" as toolset requirements seems not to work. Looks like the
logic inspired by python.jam does not like features without default
values. Any ideas welcome.
- should the feature simply be "qt" thus shortening "qt=4.5.0" ? Or
should I go for "qt-version" requesting "qt-version=4.5.0" ? I'm quite
at loss here.
Comments welcome !
-- * Dipl.-Math. JÃ¼rgen Hunold ! Ingenieurgesellschaft fÃ¼r * voice: ++49 511 262926 57 ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH * fax : ++49 511 262926 99 ! Lister StraÃe 15 * juergen.hunold_at_[hidden] ! www.ivembh.de * * GeschÃ¤ftsfÃ¼hrer: ! Sitz des Unternehmens: Hannover * Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Siefer ! Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 56965 * PD Dr.-Ing. Alfons Radtke !
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk