Subject: [Boost-build] building boost under windows 7
From: Ahmad Ali Farhoodi (a_a_farhoodi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-22 12:55:13
I am trying to build boost under windows 7. I did the following steps:
* Download the boost zip file from http://www.boost.org/users/download%a0and unpack it somewhere.
* Download the bjam executable from http://www.boost.org/users/download%a0and unpack it somewhere else.
* Download Boost.Build (v2) from http://www.boost.org/docs/tools/build/index.html%a0and unpack it yet somewhere else.
* Edit the file boost-build.jam in the main boost directory to change the BOOST_BUILD directory to the place where you put Boost.Build (use UNIX / instead of Windows \ in pathnames).
* Copy the bjam.exe executable into the main boost directory. Now if you issue "bjam --version" you should get a version and no errors. Issueing "bjam --show-libraries" will show the libraries that will be built.
I get the version correct with no errors, but when I try "bjam --show-libraries", I get the following error: configure.jam: No such file or directory and I can not go any further.
I could not figure out what is wrong.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk