Subject: [Boost-build] several small question
From: George Georgiev (george.georgiev.sf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-20 22:52:32
I have a few questions that I can not find in the documentation.
1. How to list all available targets, say b2 list
2. How to create a custom group of targets, say unit-test,
integration-test and performance-test. When I create a test project I
want to make something like:
DEPENDS unit-tests : testa ;
then when I run b2 .... unit-tests it to compile and execute all unit
tests, etc with integration-test and performance-test
3. May I prioritize targets (group of targets). I have relatively big
project - usually I build with -q. Unfortunately if I break a test
even for a very low level library its test could be executed after
most of the dependent projects are already compiled and linked - which
is pointless. I would like to set the unit-tests targets to be with
Note I do not want to make fake dependencies to accomplish this. Fake
dependencies may result in building things that I do not care about if
I specify a single target.
4. How to dump a whole object with all the data it has. echo $(object)
outputs just its name.
5. How to make force only targets. I would like my integration-test
and performance-test to be compiled and executed only if I specify
this explicitly. Can I make if I run the build without target
arguments some of the targets to be omitted.
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk