Subject: [Boost-build] Question: windows static library that uses a dll.
From: Juan Carlos Franzoy (jfranzoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-11 16:48:26
Hello. I'm trying to migrate some program from makepp(unix)
VisualStudio(windows) to boost.build.
I have spent all the day trying to build a trivial example without success.
I hope somebody out there can help me.
The scenario is the following:
lib A, is build as a dll or static library.
lib B is build only as a static library. B uses A.
exe C uses B and A.
In unix, i had no problems. But in windows ...
In windows I have
- two versions of A
- A.dll (shared) A.lib(importlib)
- AS.lib (static)
- two versions of B, both static:
- B.lib uses A.lib, and consecuently A.dll. B.lib referes A symbols
- BS.lib uses AS.lib. BS.lib doesn't use __declspec(dllimport)
- two versions of C
- C.exe uses B.lib and A.lib ( and A.dll )
- CS.exe uses BS.lib and AS.lib
How can I express this in Jamfiles?
Thanks a lot.
Juan Carlos Franzoy
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk