Subject: [Boost-build] How to make binaries of boost using boost-build?
From: Tanya (tanya_lll_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-15 21:09:54
Dear boost-build list members,
I would like to make binaries of boost library and from the "Getting started on Windows" user guide point 5.3:
I have information that I have to install boost-build to help me make the binaries.
I downloaded the zip file of boost-build from:
but, there is no bootstrap in it.
I downloaded the Nightly version, there is a bootstrap, but then the engine contains no b2.
My questions are:
1. Where can I find the "complete" boost-build for Windows?
2. Is there any ready-to-use boost-library for Windows XP and Mingw, and the user-guide for using it? I am sorry, I am new to boost and boost-build so that I always need user-guide for using them.
Here is my environment;
- Windows XP SP3
- Mingw including msys 1.0 inside
- I will use boost for my code that I build using Eclipse IDE
- I think I will use boost version 1_51_0, or if you have suggestion which version that are more stable, you are welcome :).
Any hints, answers would be highly appreciated!
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk