Subject: Re: [Boost-build] [git] genrating forward headers
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-24 05:32:03
On Monday, 22. July 2013 16:18:25 BjÃ¸rn Roald wrote:
> which JÅ©rgen tested without complete success. I basically get the same
> result as JÅ©rgen with Jamroot
> "alias headers" like this:
> alias headers : : <dependency>$(all-headers)-headers
> <dependency>numeric-$(numeric-headers)-headers : : <include>. ;
> I am not sure that is what Steven suggested. However with this the
> regression tests int the status directory are running successfully for
> the vast majority of libraries.
Well, I've tried this, too. While this indeed enables building the regression
tests , it disables the header generation. If you remove the generated "boost"
folder and run
from top directory, I simply get:
Performing configuration checks
- symlinks supported : yes (cached)
...found 1 target...
and nothing gets built. There is something wrong somewhere...
> The patches has a number of tests commented out in status/Jamfile.v2
> which probably is not intended to be applied. I did not try to
> uncomment them when I tested, I assume there was or are failures there.
Right, those were missing or misconfigured tests in earlier conversion
attempts. All fixed now.
> Ok, it seems to me that lacking b2 support for generating header
> symlinks is the primary blocker for progress with git conversion now.
> Someone with with better knowledge of b2 than me need to step up. At
> least I need some directions as to what I may try.
-- * Dipl.-Math. JÃ¼rgen Hunold ! * voice: ++49 4257 300 ! FÃ¤hrstraÃe 1 * fax : ++49 4257 300 ! 31609 Balge/Sebbenhausen * jhunold_at_gmx.eu ! Germany
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk