Subject: Re: [Boost-build] explicitly-specified values of non-free feature <threading> conflict
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-17 17:46:06
On 01/16/2018 10:01 PM, Steve Robbins via Boost-build wrote:
> My tester ("Debian-Sid") stopped working December 22. It now fails with the following
> error. Any idea what it means? Or where to start looking?
Okay. I've tracked this down to the addition of
It's a result of an unfortunate combination of factors:
- Boost.Build does not allow <threading>multi in usage-requirements
- Boost.MPI tries to set <threading>multi in its usage-requirements
- Boost.Build mostly ignores the problem and it sort of works,
except in one case: If a target has a dependency property in
- tools/Jamfile.v2 sets <implicit-dependency>/boost//headers (which
is a dependency property) in its usage-requirements
- tools/check_build/test inherits this and also uses Boost.MPI,
thus triggering the error.
- Boost.Build should ignore non-free usage requirements
and issue a warning.
> 779: in expand-composites from module feature
> error: explicitly-specified values of non-free feature <threading> conflict
> error: existing values: multi single
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk