From: ERR ORR (rd0002_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-03 06:22:11
I am writing for help building V1.71 and additional modules Asio,
Checking the log output, the build tool appears to not build these
modules by default.
Secondly, the build tool appears to not be documented correctly.
>From perusing Stack Overflow, it appears that I'm not the only one
I would be grateful if somebody could answer me some questions:
- Why does Boost not use the classic ./configure/make/make INSTALL
build sequence? On top of that, the "jam" tool which Boost uses
appears to be documented incorrectly (I can read english beyond
school grade in case thats an issue).
- Could someone please explain to me how I build exactly ONE
additional module, for example Asio?
- Could somebody please explain to me how I can build the whole
library, module by module, dependably, to <stage>, if must be,
and from there to the <INSTALL> destination?
- Could somebody please explain to me why Boost has decided to NOT
include certain modules in default build process, and how do I circumvent this?
- What is a .JAM file for? search sez game and audio software, I think
Lastly, the non-sequitur about windows installation which I received after my
last attempt is artless.
Thank you for any help/guidance,
Boost-Build list run by bdawes at acm.org, david.abrahams at rcn.com, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk