On Sunday, 14. November 2010 19:54:22 Christian Henning wrote:
> Thanks Vladimir, that helped. I can now build io_new on my Windows 7
> bjam --toolset=msvc threading=multi
> did the trick.
well, "--toolset=" is wrong, should be "toolset=". But this does not matter if youhave only one msvc installed...
The main point might be step 7 from you build instructions:
This jamroot will prevent Boost.Build from picking up Boost's own Jamroot in c:\boost which has the necessary magic to force multithreaded builds on msvc-8.0 and up.
And then only the autolink magiv does its work, as Volodya has already detected:
On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Vladimir Prus <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I am not sure why that library is requested. Maybe, something in vc10
> > makes MT be always on, so autolink detects that, and demands MT
> > library.
Please put an empty "Jamfile" in libs\gil and it just running "bjam" might work.
And please try running "bootstrap.bat" instead of the manual configuration steps for bjam in your instruction. Should work better.
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57 ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH
* fax : ++49 511 262926 99 ! Lister Straße 15
* email@example.com ! www.ivembh.de
* Geschäftsführer: ! Sitz des Unternehmens: Hannover
* Prof. Dr.-Ing. Thomas Siefer ! Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 56965
* PD Dr.-Ing. Alfons Radtke !