Dear Juergen,

thanks a lot. I did not know that one has to rebuild everything after changing the requirements. It seems to work now.

It is true, I did not read the starting guide thoroughly, I'll do that now :-).

I am a bit confused about the library being a static library. Shouldn't it be "boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gds-1_50.lib" instead of "boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gd-1_50.lib" then? Or did I get it wrong?

Thanks again,

Am 10/25/2012 11:30 AM, schrieb Jürgen Hunold:
Hi Ronny, 

On Wednesday, 24. October 2012 10:51:18 Ronny Herzog wrote:
Dear all,

sorry for bothering you again, but the problem did not disappear. With
the changes from Juergen it worked yesterday. But today it does not
anymore (maybe I was too tired yesterday...).

You find my Jamroot[1] and the output of "bjam -d+2"[2] below. The
strange thing is that the file
i\boost_filesystem-vc90-mt-gd-1_50.lib/" exists. However, the linker reports
that it cannot open it.
Please zip the complete output next time. 

If this is the complete output, then you are not doing a complete rebuild. 
Boost.Build does not automatically rebuild after changing requierements and 
#defines, so either use "-a" to rebuild everything or manually remove your 
"boost-build" folder.

file ..\boost-build\msvc-9.0\debug\threading-multi\spectraImport.exe.rsp

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
This is the _static_ library, according to 

The autolinking magic is incorporated into nearl _every_ object file, so only a 
clean rebuild will resolve this mess. The linker output shows that Boost.Build 
is linking against the shared libraries.

Please read at least the getting started guide and 
if you use Boost.Build on your project.