Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-20 13:04:37

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:52 PM, troy d. straszheim
<troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 wrote:
>> troy d. straszheim wrote:
>>> Very good. I'm also wondering if 'make package' builds anything
>>> useful, if you could give that a go...
>>
>> I'm still learning about CMake... how do you do 'make package'?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Niels (about to go home!)
>
> 'package' is one of the targets that cmake generates. In unix it is just
> 'make package' at the command line. I'm guessing the list of available
> targets appears in your VC gui somewhere...

It's the PACKAGE target. Right click on it in Visual Studio and click
"Build" to build a package. It requires NSIS (the Nullsoft
Installation System) to build the binary installer.

I know that the packaging works on Windows because it's where I had
been spending most of my time. Along with my patch to CPack, here

it builds modular installers that provide add/remove functionality for
the various components in Boost.

  - Doug