Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-18 09:42:46

Kitware just accepted my patch to build component-based installers
with CMake. This is the change that allowed the construction of
"modular" Boost binary installers directly with CMake, where one can
select which Boost libraries (and what parts of those Boost libraries)
to install. This functionally now works with the graphical installers
on Mac OS X and Windows, and will be a part of an upcoming CMake
release. Directions for using this feature in CMake are here:

  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

I'll be working to leverage this functionality to build solid binary
installers for the next Boost release.

  - Doug