Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-24 15:57:27

Hi Troy,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 3:40 PM, troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Looks to me like it is time to start tracking this upcoming 1.36.0 release
> in an effort to have the cmakeable version out at the
> same instant as the bjammable version. I'm willing to put in some time
> tweaking and testing... I'm guessing there's a standard way to do this
> via svnmerge, but I haven't played with this before, and some of our cmake
> branches have svnmerge properties set on them already. If somebody could
> give me 5 minutes of their time to explain how this is
> supposed to work, it could save me far more than that, I'd be mighty
> grateful. If so, thanks in advance,

To merge from the most recent release branch, we use svnmerge.py:

  svnmerge.py merge

Since the release branch is itself a branch of the trunk, you'll need
to use the -S argument to merge in the changes from branches/release.
Once the merge is done and the result is working, commit it back and
we'll be up-to-date.

One question I don't yet know how to answer is whether we need to go
through a "modularize" every library on our branch---or even how to do
so---for proper, modular installation of Boost. We may need to
incrementally build a script that can take a Boost tree and do the
renames/moves needed to modularize that tree.

  - Doug