Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-26 22:31:12

David Abrahams wrote:
> troy d straszheim wrote:
>
>> Things look good. So... Dave is it possible you were doing
>> configuration of cmake in a build directory that had failed
>> configuration once?
>
> Gosh, I don't know. Maybe. Probably. Heck, shouldn't that work, after
> all!? How will our users survive if one failure torpedoes all further
> attempts?

It is just a standard cmake gotcha: configuration/generation fails,
the cache isn't deleted, and whatever it was that caused the failure is
preserved in the cache to fail on the next attempt. You can reduce this
effect by being careful what you cache, but in this case, well, we're
still just hackin' on this thing....

-t