Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-30 18:38:32

Hey Miguel,

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the boost cmake build with BUILD_VERSIONED turned off.
> However, I still get all these libs:
>
> boost_date_time-mt-gd.dll
> boost_date_time-mt-gd.lib
> boost_date_time-mt.dll
> boost_date_time-mt.lib
> libboost_date_time-mt-gd.lib
> libboost_date_time-mt-s.lib
> libboost_date_time-mt-sgd.lib
> libboost_date_time-mt.lib
> libboost_date_time-s.lib
> libboost_date_time-sgd.lib
>
> Is this the intended behavior? I thought that by turning
> BUILD_VERSIONED off it would only create one version of the file which
> should be named boost_date_time.lib or something similar depending on
> platform and type of build...
>
> I want to verify if this is the intended behavior or not. If it is
> not, then I can try to help fix this.

The 'versioned' here refers to the boost release version (eg 1_35_1) and
toolset identifier (eg vc80, gcc42) that can be mangled into the
generated library name (useful on windows I am told). So that you have
different library variants (single/multi/debug/release) is OK in this
case. If you want to build only, say shared singlethreaded debug
libraries, turn on
BUILD_SHARED and BUILD_DEBUG, turn off BUILD_RELEASE,
BUILD_MULTITHREADED, BUILD_STATIC, etc.

Thanks for looking at this and getting in touch, the second pair of eyes
is valuable.

-t