Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva (miguelf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-02 01:12:43

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank you guys for starting this effort.
I am a big fan of the cmake toolchain and think many users of boost
can benefit from this.

I would like to know what the current status of the boost cmake build
is. I guess that what I would like to know is where is this going?
I've tried to read the mailing list archives as much as possible, but
couldn't find a clear answer to the following:

- Is there a chance that eventually people will realize how great the
cmake/ctest/cpack/cdash combination is as to drop the other build
system? Or is this highly unlikely? That is, are they meant to
co-exist?

- Is the effort to modularize the libraries going to make it to the
trunk or is this going to remain a boost-cmake only thing?

- Is there a CDash dashboard actively running? It seems that the
http://dart.resophonic.com/boost_1_34_0/Dashboard has been down for
the last 4 days at least...

I would like to try and help in the effort to modularize the libraries
(although I'm no boost expert... I do have some experience with the
cmake tool set) and to set up a dashboard. But I would like to know
what kind of support is this effort receiving from other boost
developers before I commit to this.

--Miguel