Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-02 16:45:24

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 2:06 PM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> troy d. straszheim wrote:
> > Saw some discussion on this... here's the story. I'll skip discussion
> > of why one would want to do this at all :)
> >
> > I believe this clears the way to check the cmake stuff in to the main
> > release branch alongside everything else: everything can happily coexist
> > with Boost.Build. We no longer need to do any reshuffling of
> > directories or adding svn:externals. I suppose that could get
> > political. Thoughts?
>
> Let's be brave.

What is the status of using CMake to run regression tests?

What is the status of using CMake to run developers local tests?

Until CMake is ready to take over both of those tasks, I don't want to see
it merged into trunk. It will just cause confusion.

I'm very concerned that Rene and I will have the CMake stuff dumped on us
long before it is ready to take over from Boost.Build. If it isn't in trunk,
then that won't happen. But if it is in trunk then there will be pressure to
use it, even if not ready for prime time.

--Beman