Boost logo

Boost Interest :

From: Mike Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 16:31:44

On Aug 6, 2008, at 4:26 PM, Matthias Schabel wrote:

>> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Mike Jackson
>> <mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> Supposedly there is support in CMake 2.6.1 for Frameworks on OS
>>> X. I have
>>> never tried it though.
>>
>> Interesting. This would certainly make a great subproject of
>> Boost-CMake, to try to turn Boost into a proper framework on Mac
>> OS X.
>> You'd probably want to start by looking at their framework examples
>> and asking about building frameworks on the CMake list.
>>
>> - Doug
>
> Has anyone attempted to try to contact anyone in Apple's Developer
> Tools group? I imagine that it might be of interest to them to
> facilitate getting Boost Frameworks working, and their expertise
> would probably be extremely helpful in doing so...
>
> Matthias

It would be great if someone did contact Apple but my guess (based on
past experience) is that they will tell you to create Xcode projects
and then use xcodebuild to do a command line build.

It really looks like CMake 2.6.x has what is needed. There are some
"newbie" issues that will need to be asked on the cmake list but it
looks like CMake may be about 99% "there" for frameworks.

--
Mike Jackson