Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Options to only Build A single Library
From: Doug Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 09:41:32

Hi Mike,

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 10:34 AM, Mike Jackson
<mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I have updated to the latest Boost-Cmake from the SVN repository and ran
> CMake to configure my build. I thought there used to be an option for each
> library as to whether it would be built or not. Has this option been removed
> or am I just working from the wrong SVN branch? I am working from the
> "branches/CMake/Release". I was starting to experiment with OS X framework
> support and I would rather NOT have to build all of boost each time to test
> out code.

We (I) removed the option. The problem is that, as the number of Boost
libraries become enormous, the list of options grew too long to
handle. What we'd like to do is just have two variables,
BOOST_INCLUDE_LIBS and BOOST_EXCLUDE_LIBS. Setting the first one to a
list of libraries builds those libraries (and whatever they depend
on), while setting the second one to a list of libraries builds
everything except those libraries (and whatever libraries depend on
them).

  - Doug