Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Want to help but need to prioritize TODO list
From: Michael Jackson (mike.jackson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 12:01:31

On Oct 31, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Doug Gregor wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> That argues for merging into the trunk sooner rather than later.
>> OTOH, if
>> there isn't any new build system documentation and/or the new build
>> system
>> is unstable, then merging will cause frustration and start things
>> off on the
>> wrong foot.
>
> The documentation is decent already, although it could always be
> better. I think so long as we add big warnings that say "this isn't
> ready yet!" to the documentation, main CMakeLists.txt files, and as
> part of the CMake configuration output, we'll be fine.
>
> - Doug

It has been a while since I looked at the "Getting started with CMake
and Boost" documentation but I would definitely make sure something
clear and concise is written up so that those developers coming over
from bjam will have a comfortable place to start. The last thing I
want it a bad experience from new Boost/CMake users.

I am part way through getting the testing to build correctly on OS X
(My primary machine) at the moment. Dave A. talked about giving me
write access to the svn repository to commit my changes that I have
been doing, not sure how that works so I'll let the boost folks
discuss that. I have zip up the cmake related files and post/send
those so you can see where I am at.

Mike Jackson mike.jackson_at_[hidden]
             www.bluequartz.net