Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Want to help but need to prioritize TODO list
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 19:32:04

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Michael Jackson <
mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2008, at 5:58 PM, Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Michael Jackson
>>> <mike.jackson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> So should I be committing what I have to the trunk.
>>>

>> Yes, please.
>>
>> I can put some cmake
>>> code in the top level CMakeLists.txt file that will abort the cmake run
>>> unless a developer manually edits the CMakeList.txt with an explanation
>>> that
>>> the cmake build system is unstable and should not be used yet. Would that
>>> satisfy everyone?
>>>

>> Well, I'd settle for just adding a MESSAGE("This is an experimental
>> Build system for Boost and should not be used at this time"), or
>> something like it, along with a similar message on the Trac. (Your
>> Subversion account can also be used to log into an edit the Trac).
>>

> Quick question about svn commits. Is it allowable to do a "mass commit"
> with a single message? Or do I need to commit each file individually with
> its own commit message? Each project is different and I certainly do not
> want to get off on the wrong foot so to speak.

A mass commit is actually preferred, at least by me.

Also, do a posting to the list telling other boosters what you have done,
mentioning that merging was suggested was suggested by Doug with the support
of some of the other moderators, warning people of the as yet unfinished
state of the project, but also suggesting things that work well enough for
the curious to try out for themselves.

--Beman