Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Analysis of the current CMake system
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-14 16:41:20

Hi Brad,

There is a lot to discuss here. I'll go back later and make specific comments.
  It'd be great to talk in person at boostcon, (boostcon rocks, by the way.)

I understand/agree with a lot of your points (especially bulkiness, and the need
to reduce the number of toplevel targets), in most cases because I've learned
more about cmake since I implemented what is currently on the boost trunk.

Brad King wrote:
> [snip]
>
> In summary, I'd like to help you folks address these issues. Some of
> the work will be in Boost's CMake code and some in CMake itself. The
> work will benefit both projects. We can arrange to meet at BoostCon,
> but we can probably get alot of discussion done on this list before
> then. BTW, can anyone suggest a preferred format for a BoostCon
> session from the boost-cmake-devs' point of view?

I don't personally see a formal presentation to boost-cmake devs as being
useful, there just aren't enough of us (last I checked there were three).
I'd suggest we just sit down together... there are plenty of conference rooms
available at all times. The boost-cmake-for-users talk could of course reflect
whatever we get done between now and then.

-t