Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] CDash dashboard now available
From: Brad King (brad.king_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-11 14:49:37

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> Doug Gregor wrote:
>>
>> This is a work in progress; we'll be working to make submission easier
>> (e.g., via CTest scripts), get more testing working, and make use of
>> some of the newer, cooler features of CDash that can help Boost... but
>> we could certainly use more help!
>>

> Anybody know offhand what the recommended way (with cmake 2.7.x) is to
> markup the these dashboard submissions with svn url / revision,
> compiler, etc?

In the CTest script, set the variable CTEST_NOTES_FILES to contain the
path to a file configured with whatever information you want. It will
show up on the submission line in CDash as a notes link.

I plan to discuss revision reporting with the CDash developers at some
point. The CTest "nightly start time" model was developed with CVS
revision control where the only way to get a global version without
a tag is to use a date/time value. For modern version control tools
other models are possible, most of which will include a global revision
number or identifier as part of the Update.xml submission.

-Brad