Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: [Boost-cmake] CMake Problems with boost 1.39
From: Tan, Tom (Shanghai) (TTan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-13 04:22:37

This is a re-post from the boost-users list, Thanks to Troy d.
straszheim who reminded me there that there's a dedicated list here.

I used CMake to build boost 1.39 and found at least two problems:

 - In the cmakelist.txt file the BOOST_VERSION_MINOR is 38, instead of
39

 - The generated boost.test libs have an additional "-s" to the file
names, ex. libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-1_39-s.lib, instead of
libboost_unit_test_framework-vc90-mt-1_39.lib. This will cause a linking
error while using boost.test. this does not happen to the bjamed
results.

Another thing I noticed but am not sure is that signal2 is not included
in the CMake support(no cmakelists.txt under signals).

It seems the cmakelist.txt file is still that of 1.38.

By the way, I was very happy to have found and tried CMake in the Boost
1.38 release. Not that it compiles fast, but it has easier fine-tune of
the compiler: I would have to open each individual jam file to define
_BIND_TO_CURRENT_VCLIBS_VERSION in order to link those bins to the
latest vc9 sp1 runtime, while with CMake I need to modify
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS once for all.