Boost logo

Boost Interest :

Subject: Re: [Boost-cmake] Wiki to disappear: docs in progress
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-13 08:37:00

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Brad King <brad.king_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Doug Gregor <doug.gregor_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Beman, did you enable testing?
>>
>> No. I figured that was a bit much for now.
>>
>>> Even without all of the tests, Boost still has a huge number of targets
>>> in it.
>>
>> Yes, although I've been impressed with how fast everything except the
>> VS IDE load has been running.
>
> I'm surprised it takes so long without testing.  How many targets is it,
> and how long is "long"?

Sorry, I think my post was misleading. My tests with the VC++ IDE had
BUILD_TESTING turned on.

Could we change the name of that to BUILD_REGRESSION_TESTS, and change
the tool tip to "Enable regression testing"?

If someone does that, could they please post the changeset or revision
number so I can look at what it takes to make that kind of minor
change.

Thanks,

--Beman